|For Immediate Release|
Technology Ventures Summit/Gooden Group
Statewide Venture Summit Features Emerging Oklahoma Businesses Competing for Opportunity to Present to Investors
Twelve Companies will be chosen for Investors Presentation
Profile Story – Actioncam's Experience is a testimony to the Power of the Forum to bring ideas and investors together
P.J. Bennett, CEO of Tulsa-based Actioncam HD knows the importance of networking and reaching the right audience of investors early in the business start-up process.
Bennett and his team were chosen to present their business plan at each of two previous Technology Ventures Summits held in Tulsa in 2007 and 2008. Since then, ActioncamHD has thrived and become the world's premier provider of next generation aerial camera systems for broadcast video and professional film production.
Once again, top innovators and companies from across the state can vie for twelve coveted business presentation slots at the upcoming statewide Technology Ventures Summit, February 15-16 at the Doubletree Downtown Hotel in Tulsa.
The conference's unique "Emerging Technology" showcase will include presentations by a dozen "early stage" Oklahoma technology enterprises to venture capital and angel investors. It is the featured event at the summit, which also includes concurrent one-day workshops providing practical advice and training for entrepreneurs and angel investors.
"The Technology Ventures Summit was a great experience for us – and helped us get in front of a variety of investors and funding organizations, Bennett said.
Since then, ActioncamHD has thrived and become the world's premier provider of next generation aerial camera systems for broadcast video and professional film production.
"The training and mentoring provided by the Summit really helped us build our sales presentation which eventually led to increased awareness and funding for our company," he added.
In recognition of the company's technology and business plan, Actioncam HD became a recipient of a $100,000 OCAST Technology Business Finance Program award from i2E.
Bennett concluded, "Opportunities like this summit are rare and I encourage those who are involved in early stage company development to join the competition!"
Innovators and companies interested in presenting their business concept are urged to submit their Application to Present no later than January 14, 2011. A panel of seasoned experts will select the top 12 presenters by January 19, 2011. Mentors will be assigned to help each group prepare their presentation. During the conference, presenters will have 10 minutes to share their business concept with the audience.
Registration for the conference and business competition at http://www.ocib.org/tvs or by phone at 405-848-9456.
"Oklahoma has a significant and growing entrepreneurial talent pool and the Technology Ventures Summit provides an opportunity to showcase that talent to investors so these ideas and technologies can make it in the marketplace," said Devon Sauzek, president of the Oklahoma Capital Investment Board, founding sponsor of the event. "
Lead sponsors for the summit also include the Tulsa Metro Chamber and Tulsa Young Professionals, Oklahoma Business Roundtable, state colleges and universities, and several economic development and venture capital groups.
About The Conference
The two-day networking event, scheduled for February 15-16, 2011 at the Doubletree Hotel Tulsa-Downtown, will feature:
Tuesday, February 15 – Day one will provide two concurrent workshops, including:
Wednesday, February 16
- "Swing for the Fences – Seed Investing Skills for Entrepreneurs"
The workshop, designed by leading seed investors, will reveal the process investors use as they consider where to put their money, providing entrepreneurs with an insiders' view of how their potential investors think and work.
- "Seed Investing as a Team Sport"
(For Angel Investors)
An energetic seminar targeted to new and potential angel investors. The seminar will help participants expand their understanding of business investing, provide a how-to plan for local angel group formation and provide tools to help optimize investment dollars. It will include a comprehensive overview of the angel investing process with additional content from investors from across the country.
– Day two of the conference will allow venture capital and angel investors a chance to hear presentations from some of Oklahoma's leading technology startups.
There are many successful entrepreneurship programs underway in both in Tulsa and throughout the state – and this conference is designed to be a catalyst to further match participants with local and state experts and investors, according to Sauzek.
Registration for the conference is $275 per person for one day or $400 for both days.
For more information about the Technology Ventures Summit (including registration and "deal" showcase application) contact: http://www.ocib.org/tvs
or by phone at 405-848-9456.
Actioncam is an aerial camera solution provider specializing primarily in: Sporting Events, Feature Films, Commercials, Entertainment Events, and Award Shows.
3455 N Osage Dr.
Tulsa, OK 74127
- Actioncam is based out of Tulsa, Oklahoma and currently utilizes a 20,000sq ft building in which we have designed, developed, and tested every aspect of our system. This new building, which was built to Actioncam's specifications, includes a full indoor test flight facility as well as 3,000sq ft of office and lab space.
- Since incorporation, many technical advancements have been implemented in every subsystem of the overall system, ensuring that Actioncam is the safest, fastest, and easiest to setup in the market.
- Actioncam's experienced engineers have set a new standard by developing some of the most advanced features seen within the industry. Because Actioncam is so versatile, we are always able to alter our system to the clients needs. Furthermore, since the Actioncam team includes o many high level engineers, we are always able to custom design new methods for specific needs.
- Although the event production is a primary focus, Actioncam's main priority is focusing on delivering excellent customer service. Actioncam has hired full time staff and crewmembers, who have had extensive training in both technical operations and customer service. Our ultimate goal is to provide the most advanced technology, high quality, reliable, and safe production while maintaining professional customer service and flawless event operations. Overall, due to the advanced technology and well trained crews, working with Actioncam is always easy and effortless.