2015 Economic Impact - By the Numbers
OCIB's economic impact has surpassed $1.9 billion.
Read the full report
Technology Ventures helps startups find success
TulsaWorld.com. February 15, 2011
Explosives detection, hazardous material shipping and computerized brewing are just a few of the technologies that will be featured at this year's Technology Ventures Summit.
The summit, to be held Tuesday and Wednesday at the Doubletree Hotel, 616 W. Seventh St., is designed to match budding entrepreneurs with angel investors who can help bring their products to market. Key sponsors of the event are the Oklahoma Capital Investment Board and the Tulsa Metro Chamber.
In addition to presentations by 12 new tech companies Wednesday, the summit will feature seminars Tuesday to help startups attract funding and help investors make smart decisions.
John Reid, a spokesman for the summit, said past events, such as the most recent summit in 2008, have led to more than a few success stories.
"We looked over the groups that presented last time, and well over half are still in existence and have moved forward," he said. "That's higher than average for startups."
Companies presenting this year include:
- RTASCO, a supplier of polymer- and silicate-based chemical products for fast, safe and nontoxic cleanups, as well as remediation products for hazardous spills.
- SensiQ, a next-generation maker of surface plasmon resonance instruments used by scientists to characterize bimolecular interactions.
- XploSafe LLC, a maker of multiple products for explosives detection and chemical safety.
- Failsafe Hazmat Compliance, a provider of specialized shipping compliance software for companies that ship hazardous materials.
- Filters 4Me.com, an Internet-based HVAC air filter subscription service company.
- A3Environ Technologies, a clean-technology company focusing on wastewater treatment.
- Impact Earth LLC, an energy rig maker using key prototype drilling components to reduce installation time and costs.
- MetCel LLC, a developer and manufacturer of advanced honeycombs and similar composite materials for high-strength and impact-resistance applications.
- Perk Dynamics, the maker of a software automation tool for enhanced beverage brewing control.
- Diner Connection, a provider of a hybrid wait-list management system for the restaurant industry.
- Bluewater, an engineering and design company focusing on improved actuation, sensing, control technology and integration related to disk drives.
- Crowdstory, the provider of an iPhone application that allows users to tether audio snippets with specific locations to be accessed by users in their social networks.
To register for either or both days of the summit, visit tulsaworld.com/ocib
By ROBERT EVATT World Staff Writer
Published: 2/15/2011 2:25 AM
Last Modified: 2/15/2011 8:05 AM